The Vanderburgh County Highway Department is located at the northeast corner of the intersection of St. Joseph Avenue and Mill Road. The Department is under the jurisdiction of the Vanderburgh County Board of Commissioners. The Department's fifty employees are charged with maintaining 158 bridges and over 550 miles of public roadways in Vanderburgh County.
Have you seen a pothole on a county road that needs to be filled? Call us at 435-5777 to report it.
Did a pothole on a county road cause damage to your vehicle? Download a copy of a notice of tort claim form by clicking here.
Below are some of the services we provide:
- Mowing and mowtrimming of brush & grass on right of way
- Paving and resurfacing of county roads
- Crack sealing of county roads
- Patching potholes and repairing shoulders
- Grading and adding rock to gravel roads when needed
- Replacement of culverts across the road and driveway
- Installation of new and replacement of damaged guardrail
- Plowing of snow during the winter season
- Pretreatment of bridge decks to prepare for snow and ice
- Ditching along county right of ways
- Trimming of trees and branches back from the right of way
- Removal of trash and debris from county roadways and right of ways
- Cleaning and maintenance of bridge decks